As of 2019, women made up 51.8 percent of the workforce in management, professional, and related occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. As modern workplaces continue to evolve, women face unique challenges and have unique opportunities to thrive.
This resource guide from Lakewood Ranch Search & Recruiting offers 12 ways for professional women to excel in the office and pave the way for those behind them.
Hone Crucial Business Skills
Continuing to improve your business prowess is a must in any industry. Consider a mix of soft skills and practical know-how to stay sharp.
1. Recognize unconscious gender bias and call it out if you see it.
2. Improve your communication strategies with peers, teams, and upper management.
3. Nurture internal, personal confidence (then radiate it outward).
4. Study business skills like economics, data analysis, financial accounting, and negotiation.
Build Workplace Relationships
Communication and relationships are instrumental in business. Here’s how to build the right relationships while maintaining healthy boundaries.
5. Build different types of relationships depending on your workplace organization and team size.
6. Practice effective management strategies to develop team culture.
7. Act ethically and morally in every aspect of your work.
8. Learn to say no kindly and professionally when needed.
Set Out on Your Own
Entrepreneurship is another option for women angling for the career of their dreams. These tips can help you launch a fruitful business of your own.
9. Outline a business plan before diving in; a roadmap will keep you on track.
10. Become an LLC owner for tax benefits and liability protection.
11. Brainstorm a marketing strategy to generate buzz for your business.
12. Outsource tasks to contractors to save time (and money).
Achieving the career of your dreams might mean traveling off the beaten path. But there’s no limit to what you can accomplish as an empowered professional driving her own success.
Credit for this article goes to: